Senior Interior Designer / Project Manager
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, and experienced professional with a strong background in interior architecture and interior design to join our fast-paced team in creating unique and well-designed spaces for a variety of projects. This position manages the coordination and execution of design projects in collaboration with the design team, client, builder, and implementation teams. The designer will be responsible for developing and presenting creative, solution-based concepts, as well as internal graphic and verbal presentations to ensure successful execution and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture required with a minimum of 5 years, and up to 15 years, of work experience.
- Must be a self-motivated team member able to generate design concepts and ideas independently with the capacity of successfully communicating to clients and the LSID team.
- Work in a precise, organized, and professional manner. Possess acute awareness of detail and a commitment to quality—from looking at minute tasks to the big picture with focus on timely
execution to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Designer will be required to interact with clients, internal staff, sales reps, and vendors.
- Expert level in Revit and Enscape with extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to and lead all stages of the design process: conceptual, schematic, and design development, construction documentation, and installation under the direction and review of Lisa Schmitz.
- Provide the highest level of service to our clients in every aspect of the interior design process.
- Project Administration + Management
- Conduct programming and needs analysis.
- Create a timeline for interior design projects, estimate project costs, budgets and provide consistent updates to design and building teams.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and meetings, produce agendas and meeting notes while managing client interaction, expectations, and decisions.
- Maintain internal reporting systems. Work timely to coordinate the completion of tasks to reach final phase.
- Design for architectural interiors—including visual and physical samples for concept, style, and color palette in conjunction with Lisa Schmitz.
- Keen eye to source imagery as inspiration to convey conceptual design ideas.
- Manage the selection and specification of materials, lighting, furniture, fabrics, equipment, plumbing fixtures, appliances, and window treatments.
- Develop creative designs that consider ergonomics, codes, ADA, safety, client function and aesthetics.
- Technical Skills
- Translate design concepts into 3D renderings and produce construction documents and details using Revit/Enscape for a range of projects.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Extensive experience with construction documentation using Revit.
- Knowledge and ability to understand how to put a documentation set together throughout all project phases.
- Experience with field verification drawings and analyzing existing conditions for both residential and commercial spaces.
- Prepare installation drawings and supporting documents (specs) in Revit.
- Inventory existing product: create inventory list and incorporate in furniture plans and specifications.
- Create + review specifications, including key schedules.
- Knowledge of residential furniture required.
- Coordinate custom designed pieces and provide oversight to adhere to expected details, design, and quality.
- Assist in the furniture ordering process, coordinate installation, and perfect the interiors through the final photography phase.
We will ONLY be accepting resumes through our form below. Please do not call the studio. Please do not apply if you do not possess strong Revit documentation skills or previous experience.
Please fill out the form below, and upload your portfolio and resumé. Someone will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.